|TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS!
- SAFETY is your 1st priority!
- Allergic Reactions can occur at any time.
- The removal of pigment is a long process, so testing is advised,
and wise choices are encouraged.
- There are no therapies that are guaranteed effective, but they
continue to get better.”
- Be careful where you go. Don't fall victim to inexperience...
- SHORTCUTS AND CHEAP DEALS - ARE RARELY GOOD!
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR PERMANENT COSMETICS?
YOU ARE NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE IF YOU ARE...
- PREGNANT or NURSING... You are absolutely NOT a candidate until after your baby is born and you are no longer nursing.
Legitimate studios that are run by caring individuals have made strict policies against tattooing pregnant or nursing mothers.
We all know that what you ingest, so does your unborn child. We also know that numbing cream gets into the blood stream,
therefore this also passes through the placenta and can have an effect on the baby. And if you happen to have an unfortunate
allergic reaction, there is no way to know how this will affect the development of the baby. Bottom line here is this... you should
never take the risk of creating potential side effects, and a responsible studio would be wise to not take on this type of liability.
- UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE... While there may be certain circumstances that may call out to our hearts to help, we are not allowed
to work on underage people.
- ON ACCUTANE, RETIN A... Topical Steroids thin the skin... Depending on the stage your skin is at, it may be too fragile to undergo
a procedure. You should be free from steroids for a year. You should get clearance from your doctor before considering
- ON PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH MEDS OR TREATMENTS... that affect the dermal layer of the skin can affect the permanent make-
up. OTC meds / treatments that only affect the epidermis are not of much concern.
- ON ANTICOAGULANTS... (blood thinners), long-term use of aspirin, ibuprofen, and some herbs reduce clotting time resulting in
increased bleeding and bruising, which will affect the implantation of pigment as well as increase the healing time.
- HAVE AN AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASE... You should get clearance from your doctor before considering permanent makeup.
- DIABETIC... If you are insulIn dependent, you are not a candidate for permanent makeup. Healing could be compromised and take
longer than average. Otherwise, if your doctor feels your condition is under control you may request a letter stating that you are
able to undergo cosmetic tattooing, Otherwise, if your doctor feels your condition is under control you may request a letter
stating that you are able to undergo cosmetic tattooing. Special care should be taken to prevent infection.
- HAVE GLAUCOMA... you may not have eyeliner. Increased intra ocular pressure combined with pressure placed on the eye to
apply eyeliner could be damaging. It is important to have this condition under control and/or refer to your physician for further
consent to the application of eyeliner.
- MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE, ARTIFICIAL HEART VALVES, OR ARTIFICIAL JOINTS. or any person that requires prophylactic
antibiotics before dental or other procedures will need consult their physician for treatment prior to permanent cosmetics.
- HAVE ANY OTHER HEART CONDITIONS... Uncontrolled high blood pressure and poor general health would be of special concern,
you will need to see your Physician and discuss the procedure to gain pre-approval.
- HERPES SIMPLEX... People who get fever blisters and/or cold sores may experience an outbreak after lip procedures. It is
imperative that you discuss the procedure with your physician BEFORE the procedure and receive proper instruction on how to
prevent an outbreak post procedure. Most physicians will offer a prescription for Zovirax or Valtrex to take prior to and after a lip
procedure. This measure is to help guard against an outbreak, but it not a guaranteed measure. Should an outbreak occur after
pigment implantation you will most likely lose the pigment in the area that you get a sore, resulting in uneven lip color or lip liner.
- KELOID OR HYPERTROPHIC SCARRING... Persons with tendencies for this type of scarring have the same risk with tattooing also.
The risk is mainly in the torso area, however, we may decide together to do a patch test to insure that you do not scar in this
YOU KNOW THE STATE OF YOUR HEALTH BETTER THAN ANYONE... If you have ANY medical
issues that you feel MIGHT be would be a contraindication, then I suggested you get clearance from
your doctor. Patients who have epilepsy, diabetes, hemophilia or a heart disease of any kind should
have a physicians approval prior to any cosmetic tattooing procedure.
YOU MUST WAIT IF YOU'VE RECENTLY HAD:
- EYE SURGERY: If you have had Lasix, Cornea repair etc. you will need to wait at least 6 months before I will do permanent
makeup on your eyes.
- SCARS from surgery or injury must be healed for at least one year prior to service.
POTENTIAL RISKS & CONTRAINDICATIONS TO TATTOOS & PERMANENT COSMETICS
- Permanent cosmetic procedures are considered to be skin invasive and therefore you may experience some discomfort. This
may vary according to each individual's pain threshold and the skills of the technician performing the service. However, keep in
mind that there are different methods available to help with pain management, including various topical anaesthetics.
- Your skin should return to normal relatively quickly as any side effects such as swelling or redness is generally mild.
- Allergic reactions to permanent cosmetics are quite rare. You may request a skin sensitivity test in an invisible area beforehand
to see how your skin responds. I routinely recommend a sensitivity test as part of the treatment, however you have the right to
- Needles inserted too deeply in the skin can cause bleeding, spreading of pigments, and damage to hair follicles.
- Scarring is very rare, and usually because of an error by the practitioner performing the treatment.
- If proper hygiene and sterilization guidelines are followed, micropigmentation should be very safe with few risks.
- It is advisable not to pick or rub the treated areas to minimize the risk of causing uneven results or possible infection..
PLEASE REFRESH YOUR BROWSER WHEN YOU REVISIT THIS SITE...
START TAKING ARNICA MONTANA 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment!
It promotes faster healing and less bruising and swelling! Available at any Nutrition Store.
|WE ARE LOCATED INSIDE THE BEAL BANK BUILDING
AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF WESTHEIMER AND LOOP 610.
Please enter the DOUBLE DOORS CLOSEST TO THE FEEDER. DO NOT
ENTER THE BANK. DO NOT PARK IN RESERVED PARKING.
TEXT MESSAGES ARE NORMALLY REPLIED TO
BY THE END OF THE DAY.
PLEASE ALLOW 72 HOURS FOR
VOICE MESSAGES TO BE RETURNED.
|2500 West Loop South, #360
Houston, TX 77027
TEXT US at: 713.443.8999
NOTE: American Red Cross guidelines state that you cannot donate blood for one year after receiving any tattoo work.
Appointments may be
scheduled with Connie,
Lindsay or Carrie. Each
artist has been
personally trained by
Connie and has
ongoing support when